Saturday 5 July 2014

Zakka Pincushion


Zakka Pincushion

Pattern:  Issue 7, Love Patchwork & Quilting
Size:  3" x 5" approx

This little pincushion came as a free kit with my Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  It was the first issue I had ever had and I'm enjoyed enough to get the next one too - even on my quest to stop buying magazines (or at least so many).

I added a layer of fusible fleece to the front panel & the back panel before sewing them together and did a few straight lines of decorative stitching on the back panel.  I also used ground nut shells to stuff the pincushion instead of polyester toy stuffing.  The only other change was I substituted a different self-cover button as the one included in the kit had a defective shank - but the end result is very close!


Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment