Tuesday 8 July 2014

Modern Convenience


Modern Convenience
Pattern by:  Among Brenda's Quilts
Runner Size:  14.5" x 35.5"

Snowflake fabric is Holiday Flourish design #13637 by Elizabeth Brownd for Robert Kaufman.   This is a sample I did for Galena Bay Novelty Fabrics which included the runner and four place mats (only one is pictured).

For the backing I used Fresco by Patrick Lose for Robert Kaufman D#11834.


The pattern went together quite smoothly.  I did not have the suggested ruler so made a template from the pattern provided and found that it worked quite well as long as I trimmed my blocks to 3" wide after piecing them (it was just a smidge off each side - the height was fine as is).

A closer look at a placemat:


Some more pics of the runner:






I like this sample so much I might have to make it again for myself...

Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment