Tuesday 22 July 2014

Snack Time Made Mini


Snack Time Made Mini

Size:  19" x 24.5"

Original pattern by Jaybird Quilts

I made the blocks half the size the pattern called for by using the Mini Hex N More ruler and followed the layout for the baby size quilt which uses 27 blocks.

For a change I machine stitched the binding on to the front and stitched in the ditch along the edge to catch it to the back.  I had to hand stitch a couple of spots where I missed it and I also hand stitched the corners just because I like the way they sit once sewn that way.  I still prefer hand sewing the binding on but it was much faster and it certainly works well for this wall hanging.


I only used some yardage from my stash for the backing and the binding - both were white on white prints.


With all the other fabrics from my scrap bins only - the whites are a variety of tone on tone prints (you can't really tell from the pictures).  Some of my points didn't match up exactly after I sewed the rows together so I chose an allover loopy quilting design instead of straight lines so they wouldn't be as noticeable.


These blocks were fun to make - they're sewn with a partial seam.


Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment