Friday 28 March 2014

Paradox


Pattern:  Rick's Paradox - to the Right.  A box of four Paradox tangles.
Reference Book:  Zen-sational Stitches for Quilting by Suzanne McNeill CZT
Size:  13.5" x 13.5"

Last year (May 2013) I took a class at at Serge & Sew called Doodle Birds with Susan S. based on Zentangle.  I have to admit I haven't finished my little bird yet but I came home and did the centre to this wall hanging which is made up of a box of four Paradox tangles of Rick's Paradox - to the Right.  I finally finished it (March 2014) into a wall hanging by adding a border of black & white fabric from the Henry Glass & Co line, Black & White & Red Allover (Pattern 1593).

Here's a close up of the centre stitching:


It's hard to see in the picture, but I did several lines of straight quilting in each border approximately 1/2" apart.



This will hang on our ever-growing wall of mini quilts but will be my gift to Greg for our 21st anniversary next week as he likes the optical illusion feel it has to it.

Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment