Saturday 15 March 2014

Mini Disco


Pattern:  Mini Disco by Jaybird Quilts
Size:  12.75" x 15.75"
Fabrics:  Mostly scraps of Robert Kaufman Kona Cottons but some other solid scraps may have snuck in there too.
Quilted with Sulky 733-4014.


I wanted to do something a bit different with the quilting and this is what I ended up with.  I nearly unpicked it all and started again but a friend stopped me and convinced me that, although it might not have been what I had it mind, it still worked.


The backing is more of one the lighter blue fabrics I used on the front.


I used bias binding (as the patterns calls for) to ease it around all the points along the top and the bottom - it's really not as hard as you think :)


I can't wait to make this again using some prints.

Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment