Thursday 26 September 2013

Licorice Sticks

Pattern:  Honey Sticks, Tiny 70, by Pieced Tree Patterns
Size:  35.5" x 40.5"

This pattern calls for strips of fabric 1.5" x WOF (or pre-cuts known as Honey Buns).  I did it the hard way and used a fat quarter pack which I cut into 1.5" strips myself.  The problem was when I sewed the strips together and cut the blocks I always had a half block at each end (which are now waiting to become another project :)). I backed this in a black flannel with white polka dots, quilted in the ditch with Sulky 733-4119 (Piano Keys) and the in straight lines across the middles of each block using a decorative stitch for a change of pace.

Happy Quilting!

Bec

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I just received a few new Skinny Strips in 3 colorways. This pattern would be excellent made up with Kona Bright Palette Skinny Strips.

    ReplyDelete