Wednesday 20 August 2014

Felt Piggy Bank


Felt Piggy Bank

Pattern by:  Dream A Little Dream
www.dreamalittlebigger.com

Hand-dyed wool:  "Curlers" by In the Patch Designs

When I printed the pattern it printed as a full page so I re-copied it reducing it to 70% so it was just under 4" tall to fit the height of my fabric.  I then made a buttonhole approximately 1.5" long (it has to fit a toonie!).  To save time, I traced the outline of the piggy onto freezer paper, cut it out, layered my fabrics wrong sides together, lined up my freezer paper piggy with my buttonhole & ironed it on, stitched around it twice, removed the freezer paper, and then cut out the piggy.

Next time I would interface my buttonhole but other than that, I think this piggy is adorable!


Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment