Thursday 13 February 2014

Mosaic Tiles Made Mini


Pattern:  Mosaic Tiles by Sukie Newbold from the book Modern Bee by Lindsay Conner (Original Size:  60.5" x 60.5")

Size:  12.25" x 12.125" (I think I got a bit carried away while squaring up)

Last Sunday night I discovered the Mosaic Tiles Quilt Along and contest being hosted by www.craftbuds.com.  Of course it started back in December and the deadline is this Friday - I always do better with a deadline :).  As I've been inspired by all the mini quilts that designers such as Jaybird Quilts and Thimble Blossoms (Camille Roskelley) have recently released, I decided to do a mini version of Mosaic Tiles.  I used Moda Basicgrey for the background and scraps from my Moda High Street fat quarter bundle for the main fabrics and the binding.

This photo has a quarter next to it in order to get perspective of how small the pieces actually are.


This is the back with all the seam allowances (pressed open) before I sandwiched it for quilting.


I ended up stitching in the ditch - it was all it needed!  And then some echo quilting on the cross.


One final picture of the completed quilt:


Happy Quilting!

Bec

Mosaic Tiles Quilt Along

1 comment: